Challenge Rifts are weekly activities that refresh on Monday at 1 pm Pacific Standard Time for NA and Tuesday at 4 am Central European Time for EU. They place the player into a pre-set dungeon with a pre-determined class, skill set and items selection that cannot be changed. You can move skills around to accommodate keybindings but other than that you're at the mercy of the Challenge. Take note that when Necromancer is the chosen class that everyone can compete still, even if they don't own the Necromancer DLC!
The first thing you might wonder is, "Who is deciding these Challenge Rifts?!" These are based off actual Greater Rift clears that players have done. The Greater Rift as well as the character are mirrored exactly, you feel the pain they must have felt! The difficulty of a Challenge Rift can vary widely from across regions and from week to week. If you need assistance check out the guides below that are updated weekly for North America and Europe!
Challenge Rift 240- North America
- This week you have the Grace of Inarius set which buffs your damage as long as Bone Armor is active.
- The number one thing to do here is keep up 10 stacks of Bone Armor at all times. Keep up as many Skeletal Mages as possible and fill the rest of your time with Siphon Blood.
- There will be a swirling tornado of bone around you, get near monsters to do extra damage and suck them in as well. Siphon Blood will release Death Nova Blood Novas while channeling that will blow away mobs.
- There is a Power Pylon mid way through the 3rd floor, save this for Guardian at the end so you don't get killed several times and fail the rift. The boss fight is the hardest part by far in this one and this Pylon can make or break your run!
- The 1st floor has a Channeling Pylon
- The 2nd floor has a Conduit Pylon
- The 3rd floor has a Power Pylon
- Check out our Inarius Corpse Explosion Necromancer Guide.
NA Video Guide
Challenge Rift 240 - Europe
- This week you have a Legacy of Dreams build that is complete nonsense. Luckily you have Corpse Explosion so all is well regardless!
- Simply use Bone Spear, Command Skeletons and Siphon Blood to generate a single corpse then use Corpse Explosion to destroy everything. Rinse and repeat this process as you move your way through.
- Use Simulacrum early on and whenever it's available. Your power won't be amazing and some monsters and Elites will take several corpses to kill. Just keep letting Corpse Explosion rain down and string the blasts together to get a chain reaction going.
- The 1st floor has a Power Pylon
- The 2nd floor has a Shield Pylon
- The 3rd floor has a Speed Pylon
- Check out our LoD Corpse Explosion Necromancer Guide.
EU Video Guide
In order to participate in the Challenge Rift the player must reach level 70 as well as have completed a Greater Rift on their account. When the requirements are met the Challenge Rift can be accessed through the Main Game Menu. The Challenge Rift comes with it's own Leaderboard that is server wide and resets weekly. These are regional with one on North America, Europe as well as the Asia server. They can be done Solo, 2-Player, 3-Player or 4-Player, all with their own Leaderboard. Every week the Class changes, completing a full rotation of them all before repeating.
Challenge Rift Cache
In addition to the weekly Leaderboard, completing a Challenge Rift rewards a Challenge Rift Cache if completed in the time limit. This Cache has quite the assortment of materials and a decent amount of them, doing this weekly throughout the Season is well worth the time it takes to complete. This Cache is also pivotal for a Season start as it can provide your level 1 character with a tremendous starting advantage. NEVER complete a Challenge Rift the week a Season is about to begin, if you wait until the season starts you can open the Cache on your brand new seasonal Character! Below are the materials you'll receive when opening up your Cache:
- Gold 5,100,000
- Blood Shard (475)
- Death's Breath (35)
- Veiled Crystal (125)
- Arcane Dust (350)
- Reusable Parts (370)
- Westmarch Holy Water (15)
- Corrupted Angel Flesh (15)
- Arreat War Tapestry (15)
- Caldeum Nightshade (15)
- Khanduran Rune (15)
What About Next Week?
Come back next week and we'll have the guides for North America and Europe updated shortly after the Challenge Rift going live!
Written by Facefoot
Reviewed by Raxxanterax