Welcome to LoD Tempest Rush Monk guide! Turns out having one skill with significantly stronger supporting legendaries than all the others pushes that one build to the top of all the leaderboards.
Compared to Set versions of this build, Legacy of Dreams is dead last in terms of damage, beaten even by the Inna's Mantra set. It does have a significantly stronger version that utilizes Shi Mizu's Haori, but it's quite difficult to execute. That one can compete with Patterns of Justice for the title of the second strongest Tempest Rush build, but stays couple of tiers behind Monkey King's Garb.
In terms of speed GRs nothing comes close to Patterns of Justice, and LoD is no exception. It is however, an excellent Nephalem Rift build: just throw in In-Geom and Dashing Strike and you're good to go. Follower changes in Season 23 allow every build to include Cain's Destiny and Sage's Journey which is especially useful for LoD builds.
A combination of smooth gameplay and devastating damage make this build a very fun and competitive. Let's dive in and learn what makes it so great!
Spin To Win ✔
Kills Trash And Bosses ✔
Incredible All-Around Build ✔
Gigantic Icy Bombs Of Damage ✔
❌ Difficult to Gear
❌ Struggles In Low Density
❌ Requires Resource Management
❌ Wormholes and Trees Make You Cry
- Won Khim Lau gives 600% damage and causes Tempest Rush to cast Cyclone Strike.
- Cesar's Memento increases damage to enemies that are blinded, stunned or frozen by 800%.
- Balance gives 600% damage to Tempest Rush and 100% Critical Hit Chance if it hits 3 or less enemies (awesome for killing the Rift Guardian).
- Mantle of Channeling gives 25% multiplicative damage and 25% damage reduction.
- Lefebvre's Soliloquy gives 50% damage reduction and is activated by Won Khim Lau for free.
- Stone Gauntlets give 250% increased Armor with no downside thanks to Epiphany.
- The Laws of Seph provides the Spirit necessary to keep channeling Tempest Rush.
- Convention of Elements triples our damage thanks to its synergy with the Flurry rune.
- Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac lets us reset all our cooldowns.
- Squirt's Necklace provides between 20% and 100% increased damage thanks to Serenity.
- Stone of Jordan lets us use Lightning Damage roll on Won Khim Lau and also gives some Elemental and Elite damage.
- Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan provide 25% additive damage and Spirit generation.
Season 25 Soul Shards
Soul Shards are powerful socketable items that only drop during Season 25. There are 4 available for Weapons based on the Lesser Evils, with another 3 for Helmets based on the Prime Evils. They drop at Rank 0 and be upgraded three times with the brand new Hellforge Embers to unlock additional powers, or be used in the Kanai's Cube as Augments. Here's how they progress:
- Rank 0: Soul Shards begin with a unique static Legendary Power. Creates a Rank 50 Augment.
- Rank 1: Gives all powers from the normal gems. Creates a Rank 75 Augment.
- Rank 2: Grants one additional powerful stat. Creates a Rank 100 Augment.
- Rank 3: Unlocks 1 of 3 bonus Legendary Powers unique to that Soul Shard. Creates a Rank 125 Augment.
Warning: Leoric's Crown and Broken Crown do not work with Soul Shards!
Read our Soul Shards Guide for full details on how they work. What you should prioritize on them for Solo Pushing is the following:
- The Correct Soul Shard & Rank 3 Power
The best shards for Solo Pushing are:
- Helmets: We want to use Sliver of Terror for the massive damage buff from our abilities on cooldown. For the Rank 3 power take the additional Attack Speed and Critical Hit Chance to further boost your character's power.
- Weapons: We want to use Essence of Anguish for the Movement Speed and Cooldown Reduction. For the Rank 3 power take the explosion to help us clear out large densities during the Rift. Hint: Make sure to get a Poison Damage Range on your follower's Weapon so it can stack the buff automatically.
- The Rank 2 Stat
The stats that come from the second upgrade are not equal. Here's what we're looking for on them:
- Helmets: We want either Main Stat for damage or Melee/Ranged Damage Reduction to survive. Avoid Armor and All Resistance as their stat ranges are far too low compared to the other options.
- Weapons: We want Lightning Damage to boost our character's power the furthest, although Critical Hit Chance is not too far behind. Avoid Attack Speed and % Damage because they only buff one of our two Weapons.
- The Stat Ranges on the Rank 1 and 2 Powers
This is just icing on the cake because the ranges will not make or break your build. Still, look for the Soul Shards with the best stat ranges, especially on the offensive stats.
For the other game modes, other Soul Shards can be used. Check the Variants below to see what's used there.
What about extra Soul Shards? Either salvage them for gems, or upgrade and use them in Kanai's Cube for Augments.
Global Stat Priorities
Stack about 55% Cooldown Reduction to reset your Epiphany in time. One or two Resource Cost Reduction rolls help with Spirit management but they are not required. Get at least one Life per Hit roll (Weapons and Bracers) for recovery. Aim to get All Resistance on your Pants and Boots and Secondary Resistances for Harmony passive on all other pieces. Our offensive priorities are: Lightning Damage > Tempest Rush damage > Critical Hit Chance > Critical Hit Damage ~ Damage Range > Area Damage.
- Put together the core items and level up the Legacy of Dreams gem.
- Stack a bunch of Cooldown Reduction.
- Practice building and detonating your Flurry stacks on your Cold cycle of Convention of Elements.
- Climb the No Six Piece Set Leaderboards by gathering monsters together and burning them down with Area Damage.
Red screen means we're winning (:
Written by Northwar.
Reviewed by wudijo.