I know why you're here and it's OK. You're angry and you need a release. What if I told you that the way to release your anger was by being a Chicken? By the end of this guide you will WANT to be the Angry Chicken, you will NEED to be the Angry Chicken and even though you know that you probably shouldn't, you ARE going to be the Angry Chicken!
Back in Season 22 Manajuma's Way was buffed to launch mini-Chickens that blow up for 25% damage as well as the set receiving a 1600% damage buff! Spirit of Arachyr was also buffed from 9000% to 17,500%, your little Chicken of Terror is going to be better than ever before!
This build heavily emphasizes Movement Speed utilizing Horrify Stalker, Spirit Walk Severance and Fierce Loyalty so that you can get through the easy conten as fast as possible. High Cooldown Reduction combined with Captain Crimson's Trimmings, In-geom, Tribal Rites and Grave Injustice will allow you to fly from Elite to Elite in an instant while coming in and out of Angry Chicken whenever you need to. Once stacked up it's so fast that it can be almost hard to control and who doesn't see the fun in that!
Now before you get too excited keep in mind that this build will be used to speed farm T16 content and very low Greater Rifts at best. If you want to climb the Ranks or push high Greater rifts in a group check out the Mundunugu's Spirit Barrage Guide. But just because this isn't the strongest build in the game doesn't mean it can't offer a fun and unique playstyle! Let's find out below how you can leave everyone in the dust!
One-of-a-Kind Playstyle ✔
You're Literally a Chicken ✔
Massive Toad = Massive Fun ✔
Gigantic Spider is Very Spooky ✔
❌ Feast or Famine
❌ Doesn't Lay Eggs
❌ Zero Ability to Push
❌ We All Love it Anyway
- Spirit of Arachyr (4) Bonus and (6) Bonus are what you're interested in as they give 75% Damage Reduction from the Web and a 17,500% Damage buff for your Hex Angry Chicken.
- Captain Crimson's Trimmings gives a massive Damage boost since you are focused on Cooldown Reduction with this build. The Resource Cost Reduction benefits aren't utilized as much but you still get a slight Toughness buff here.
- Manajuma's Way is the heart of the build and it gives Hex Angry Chicken: 2000% increased Damage, a 15 second duration, 100% increased Movement Speed, chain reaction explosions from your detonation AND spawns mini-Chickens that do 25% damage.
- In-geom reduces all of your Cooldowns by 10 seconds after killing an Elite.
- Ring of Royal Grandeur is required to utilize both Spirit of Arachyr and Captain Crimson's Trimmings.
Season 25 Soul Shards
Soul Shards are powerful socketable items that only drop during Season 25. There are 4 available for Weapons based on the Lesser Evils, with another 3 for Helmets based on the Prime Evils. They drop at Rank 0 and be upgraded three times with the brand new Hellforge Embers to unlock additional powers, or be used in the Kanai's Cube as Augments. Here's how they progress:
- Rank 0: Soul Shards begin with a unique static Legendary Power. Creates a Rank 50 Augment.
- Rank 1: Gives all powers from the normal gems. Creates a Rank 75 Augment.
- Rank 2: Grants one additional powerful stat. Creates a Rank 100 Augment.
- Rank 3: Unlocks 1 of 3 bonus Legendary Powers unique to that Soul Shard. Creates a Rank 125 Augment.
Warning: Leoric's Crown and Broken Crown do not work with Soul Shards!
Read our Soul Shards Guide for full details on how they work. What you should prioritize on them for Solo Pushing is the following:
- The Correct Soul Shard & Rank 3 Power
The best shards for Solo Pushing are:
- Helmets: We want to use Fragment of Destruction for the unhindered movement and the reduced cooldowns. For the Rank 3 power take the increased Movement Speed for even faster clears.
- Weapons: We want to use Essence of Anguish for the Movement Speed, Cooldown Reduction and huge Poison damage boost. For the Rank 3 power take the explosion to help clear out large densities during the Rift. The other good rank 3 choice is to take the additional Cooldown Reduction and Movement Speed to boost your stats as high as possible. Hint: Make sure to get a Poison Damage Range on your follower's Weapon so it can stack the buff automatically.
- The Rank 2 Stat
The stats that come from the second upgrade are not equal. Here's what we're looking for on them:
- Helmets: We want either Main Stat for damage or Melee/Ranged Damage Reduction to survive. Avoid Armor and All Resistance as their stat ranges are far too low compared to the other options.
- Weapons: We want either % Damage or Poison Damage to boost our character's power the furthest.
- The Stat Ranges on the Rank 1 and 2 Powers
This is just icing on the cake because the ranges will not make or break your build. Still, look for the Soul Shards with the best stat ranges, especially on the offensive stats.
For the other game modes, other Soul Shards can be used. Check the Variants below to see what's used there.
What about extra Soul Shards? Either salvage them for gems, or upgrade and use them in Kanai's Cube for Augments.
Global Stat Priorities
Our offensive priorities are: Critical Hit Chance & Damage > Poison Damage > Cooldown Reduction > Area Damage. Cooldown is very important as we want to go in and out of Angry Chicken form as often as possible for maximum explosions, fortunately there are several things at play already helping like Captain Crimson's Trimmings, Grave Injustice, Tribal Rites and In-geom. So for item stats we can focus on the Critical Hit Chance and Damage a bit more at first then top it off with more Cooldown or Area Damage when we find better items.
Attack Speed and Resource Cost Reduction aren't important on this build so you can focus on Intelligence and Vitality more. You unfortunately don't have any Crowd Control immunity on a Witch Doctor so try to roll at least 1-2 Crowd Control Reduction Secondary Stats on your Helm or Jewelry.
- Summon Zombie Dogs LIfe LInk at the start of every Rift or Bounty for the Damage Reduction bonus.
- Use Horrify and Spirit Walk to get insane Movement Speed buffs between your Angry Chicken Explosions and make sure that you are maintaining your Soul Harvest stacks as these provide Damage and Movement Speed.
- Sprint from Elite to Elite as an Angry Chicken and cast Piranhado to gather everything up around any Elites that you don't kill in one blast.
- Rinse and repeat!
Written by Facefoot.
Contributions by Northwar & wudijo.
Reviewed by Northwar, Raxxanterax & wudijo.