Akkhan Condemn Crusader is the build that has been around for the longest time, created with the introduction of Frydehr's Wrath in Season 1. Once the strongest in the game build for solo XP farming, now it's barely useful in T16, and even then, only if you have optimized gear and high Paragon.
These days Armor of Akkhan holds a different kind of record: it has by far the weakest damage bonus across all sets. With Armor of Akkhan (6) Bonus providing just a measly 2,000% increased damage, this set struggles to compete even with Legacy of Dreams and its 9,750% damage bonus.
On current patch Armor of Akkhan Condemn Crusader is completely outclassed by either Heavens's Fury Crusader or Akkhan Bombardment Crusader in almost every scenario. The only area where it makes sense to use this build is in Greater Rift Keystone farming, due to its ability to include Cain's Destiny set while playing in groups.
Really Fast ✔
Very Easy Pulling ✔
Can do Everything on the Move ✔
❌ Long Bossfight
❌ Weak Season Starter
❌ Requires a Lot of Spamming
❌ Recovery depends on Number of Targets
- Armor of Akkhan set provides 50% damage reduction, 50% Resource Cost Reduction, 2,000% damage increase, and it lets us easily achieve 100% uptime on Akarat's Champion.
- Captain Crimson's Trimmings set gives around 55% DPS, 20% Cooldown Reduction and a whopping 82% damage reduction.
- Ring of Royal Grandeur allows us to get full bonuses from both sets.
- Blade of Prophecy increases Condemn damage by 800% and also triples the amount of explosions.
- Frydehr's Wrath increases Condemn damage by another 800% and also turns it into a spammable skill with a Wrath cost.
Season 25 Soul Shards
Soul Shards are powerful socketable items that only drop during Season 25. There are 4 available for Weapons based on the Lesser Evils, with another 3 for Helmets based on the Prime Evils. They drop at Rank 0 and be upgraded three times with the brand new Hellforge Embers to unlock additional powers, or be used in the Kanai's Cube as Augments. Here's how they progress:
- Rank 0: Soul Shards begin with a unique static Legendary Power. Creates a Rank 50 Augment.
- Rank 1: Gives all powers from the normal gems. Creates a Rank 75 Augment.
- Rank 2: Grants one additional powerful stat. Creates a Rank 100 Augment.
- Rank 3: Unlocks 1 of 3 bonus Legendary Powers unique to that Soul Shard. Creates a Rank 125 Augment.
Warning: Leoric's Crown and Broken Crown do not work with Soul Shards!
Read our Soul Shards Guide for full details on how they work. What you should prioritize on them for Solo Pushing is the following:
- The Correct Soul Shard & Rank 3 Power
The best shards for Solo Pushing are:
- Helmets: We want to use Sliver of Terror for the massive damage buff from our abilities on cooldown. For the Rank 3 power take the Ring of Fire to unleash a devastating AoE blast for big leaderboard pushes!
- Weapons: We want to use Essence of Anguish for the Movement Speed and Cooldown Reduction. For the Rank 3 power take the 50% increased Poison Damage, which actually applies to all damage done! Hint: Make sure to get a Poison Damage Range on your Weapon so it can proc the shard automatically.
- The Rank 2 Stat
The stats that come from the second upgrade are not equal. Here's what we're looking for on them:
- Helmets: We want either Main Stat for damage or Melee/Ranged Damage Reduction to survive. Avoid Armor and All Resistance as their stat ranges are far too low compared to the other options.
- Weapons: We want Holy Damage to boost our character's power the furthest, although % Damage and Critical Hit Chance are not too far behind. Avoid Attack Speed because it does not work with this build.
- The Stat Ranges on the Rank 1 and 2 Powers
This is just icing on the cake because the ranges will not make or break your build. Still, look for the Soul Shards with the best stat ranges, especially on the offensive stats.
For the other game modes, other Soul Shards can be used. Check the Variants below to see what's used there.
What about extra Soul Shards? Either salvage them for gems, or upgrade and use them in Kanai's Cube for Augments.
Global Stat Priorities
In order to keep Akarat's Champion always active, you need to get 55.8% Cooldown Reduction. The cleanest way to do it is 10% roll on the Weapon and 3x 8% rolls elsewhere. Make sure your defensive slots—Boots, Pants and Belt—have Vitality and Resistance to All Elements on them. Stack DPS stats wherever possible: Elemental Damage, Condemn Damage, Area Damage, Critical Hit Damage and Critical Hit Chance. Ignore Attack Speed as it doesn't let you cast Condemn any faster.
- Put together the core items and acquire the full Armor of Akkhan set.
- Reach 55.8% Cooldown Reduction before anything else.
- Spam all the buttons as much as possible.
- Spam Condemn intelligently, only when it comes off cooldown.
- God, why is this set only 2,000%?
Akkhan Condemn... What year is this!?
Written by Northwar.